Attempts to improve asset performance and reliability are far more effective if they have the full weight of the organization behind them.
Asset management success starts at the organizational level. Any company that's serious about managing their equipment or infrastructure should have an organization design that supports the company's asset management needs and goals. This includes
- a corporate asset management policy.
- a set of specific asset management objectives based on that policy.
- a comprehensive asset management strategy designed to accomplish those objectives.
- a set of key performance indicators (KPIs) targeted to specific objectives.
- an organizational structure designed to support best practices.
- clearly defined asset management roles and reporting relationships.
- a clear matrix of responsibilities and accountabilities for every asset management activity.
At AMS Engineering, we use SynergyTM to streamline the organization design process and ground your organization on best practices. Synergy contains industry-proven templates for asset management policies, objectives, strategies, KPIs, role definitions, responsibility matrixes, and organizational hierarchies. We also provide targeted services to help you develop an executive-level strategic asset management plan (SAMP), an effective organizational structure, and insightful KPIs for your asset management operation.
Corporate asset management policy, SMART objectives, targeted strategies...Read more
Role definitions, reporting relationships, organizational hierarchy, responsibility matrixes...
Interested in receiving an on-site Gap Analysis?
Can we help you?
Give us a call at 615-567-8112 or drop us a note.
Defining Asset Management